Tuesday 1 March 2011

Weight loss and Swimming- An experience

Girl swimming

It is often said that swimming is not very beneficial for weight loss because people usually over eat after a swimming session, there is drop in body temperature therefore slower metabolism results in slower digestion leading to weight gain e.t.c.

I started swimming around mid March 2010 in a nearby indoor pool and after a year I have lost 10Kgs in weight and 6 inches in waist, I feel very good about my self as the new looks and physique is being appreciated by everyone around me. My tummy has gone inside to say hello to my intestines and hopefully would decide to stay there!

I knew swimming when I started so it wasn’t very difficult for me to get started but that is where the easiness got over. Those who have ever swam would know how exhausting it is to do even one lap (50mtx2)! I used to swim laps for an hour (Freestyle, or throw-your-hands-and-legs-to-not-to-drown style) and my average was 5 (50mtx10) laps in an hour. After a year I do 35 laps (50mtx70) in 1.5hrs and still do not feel exhausted. The stamina has increased, the body got fit and  feel good about it, no complaints.

Those who are still looking out for weight loss should consider swimming as after a days work there is nothing like swimming for an hour or so. It breaks the stress and the fat too.

If you have a story of yourself on swimming and weight loss, do post and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note Anonymous commentators:Please use your Google, openID etc in case you need a feedback.